No holiday off here at g4s central, but it has been a slow work day so have been able to read a bunch and share some favorite links from the day with you.
- Eric on The Other 87 Minutes does a good analysis of Landon Donovan’s return to MLS and USMNT action after his stint at Everton.
- The Free Beer Movement works to answer the question of why the 2000 MLS Cup won by Kansas City has found its home in a Dallas skyscraper.
- MLSSoccer.com previews a sketch on this week’s episode of IFC’s Portlandia in which the shows stars find themselves in the midst of the Timbers Army at their first match. Took you guys long enough to do a nod to the Timbers!
- The English FA today launched a five-year anti-homophobia campaign, including a half-hour video on the subject recorded yesterday on Justin Fashanu’s birthday. Your move, Sunil.
- Finally, if you like us noticed the absence of Andrew Weber in last night’s Amazing Race, you can see what he was up to in the jungles of South America in extra footage on the CBS website.
My name is Jorge and I am a proud Portland Timbers supporter from Rhode Island. Now people must be thinking to themselves, “How are you a timbers fan but live in Rhode Island?” Good question and I’ll explain to you how I became a Timbers fan.
It all started last year during my senior year of college. I was watching a match on TV between the Timbers and the Revolution. I watched the entire 90 minute match and fell in love with the Timbers. Their determination and being able to go against a great team that has been around for a while intrigued me. I also liked the fact that they were the newest team in the league and I respected them for that. After that soccer match I fell in love with the team watching every game on my computer and cheering them on. read more…