No holiday off here at g4s central, but it has been a slow work day so have been able to read a bunch and share some favorite links from the day with you.
- Eric on The Other 87 Minutes does a good analysis of Landon Donovan’s return to MLS and USMNT action after his stint at Everton.
- The Free Beer Movement works to answer the question of why the 2000 MLS Cup won by Kansas City has found its home in a Dallas skyscraper.
- MLSSoccer.com previews a sketch on this week’s episode of IFC’s Portlandia in which the shows stars find themselves in the midst of the Timbers Army at their first match. Took you guys long enough to do a nod to the Timbers!
- The English FA today launched a five-year anti-homophobia campaign, including a half-hour video on the subject recorded yesterday on Justin Fashanu’s birthday. Your move, Sunil.
- Finally, if you like us noticed the absence of Andrew Weber in last night’s Amazing Race, you can see what he was up to in the jungles of South America in extra footage on the CBS website.
I can’t wait for March! I am dying to see MLS action. On Sunday my Twitter timeline was blowing all evening. Why? Was there another match? Heaven forbid another trade. None of those, but something to help with the MLS offseason boredom.
A professional soccer player, the very attractive and athletic goalkeeper Andrew Weber, is on The Amazing Race Season 20. He is currently in Florida at the Seattle Sounders FC’s training camp. He and his musical twin brother Elliot are racing around the world with the show for a million dollars.